Here are some further suggestions to consider:
- Set up a specific work area for yourself
- Establish a regular routine for yourself
- Schedule in regular breaks to relax and refocus
- Get a comfortable, adjustable chair
- Get exercise—you'll likely be walking around less often than at work
- Avoid repetitive injury—especially computer or desk related
- Make a physical list of who to get help from when you need it
- For help with any technology matters, please Contact BNotro (www.bnotro.com)
- In Australia, for help with anxiety concerns you can contact www.lifeline.org.au (13 11 14) or www.beyondblue.org.au (1300 224 636)
- Visitors—Ensure your home is safe for yourself and work-related visitors or colleagues
- Schedule in regular contact with colleagues
- Interruptions—can you get back to them later in the day?
- Scams—Be aware of scams targeting people working at home
- Anti-virus—On your computer, have good anti-virus software
- Find out your employer's expectations of you for working from home
- Does your employer have a working at home policy document?
- What does your employer consider appropriate behaviour while at home, especially on the phone or via computer?
- Occupational Health and Safety (does your home need a review?)
(See Workplace health and safety)
- What confidential information do you need to protect access to (Privacy, client details, business finance, etc).
(See Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
- What of your employer's information are you permitted to make or keep?
- Who legally owns things you create—your employer (usually) or yourself?
- What running expenses can be claimed as a tax deduction?
- What running expenses will your employer reimburse?
- Are you accountible for any money you may handle?
- Who pays if equipment gets damaged?
- Are you covered under your employer's insurance?
- Do you need any extra insurance and who will pay for it?
- In Australia, for help making informed decisions for financial wellbeing you can visit moneysmart.gov.au.
Hopefully you found this useful.
We'd love to hear from you with any essentials we've missed.
Designed with Mobirise web theme